Nashville has SO many food options that it can be overwhelming to visitors. You really can’t make a bad choice, but here are some of my favorites (organized by food type, of course). Side note – I surprisingly don’t have that many photos of my favorite food places…maybe I was enjoying the meal so much that I forgot to take pics?
- Mas Tacos – cash only, order-at-the-counter Mexican place in East Nashville – probably my top pick of the whole list (get the street corn)
- Sopapillas – a little pricier and located closer to downtown Franklin but WORTH IT
- Other great options: Saint Anejo & Nada
- Emmy Squared – my favorite Nashville pizza (also located in Brooklyn)
- DeSano – great pizza place where you can watch them making the pizzas while you eat
- Monell’s – bring your appetite as this is a family style restaurant with several courses; you sit at a table with other diners and pass dishes – salads, potatoes, beans, fried chicken, desserts, etc.
- Edley’s – great spot for BBQ
- Loveless Café – famous for their biscuits, this is located outside of town on the west side of Nashville (visit McKay’s bookstore while you’re out that way)
- The Grilled Cheeserie – they also have a brick & mortar store with grilled cheese, soups and milkshakes
- I Dream of Weenie – cute hot dog truck planted in East Nashville
- The Pharmacy – burger parlor & beer garden; East Nashville
- Pastaria – amazing handmade pasta dishes in West Nashville
- Milk & Honey – healthier dinner option (or any meal)
- Pied Piper – hand dipped and located in East Nashville (across from I Dream of Weenie)
- Frisson Soft Serve – crazy flavor combinations, they have both a food truck and shopfront
- Jeni’s – technically not a local place, but so yummy and has multiple locations in Nashville
- Koko’s – vegan ice cream
If you have any favorite Nashville spots, share them with us in the comments!